1.5 bags quality semi-sweet chocolate chips (I love Ghiradelli)
1 bag quality white chocolate chips
1/2 package grasshopper cookies or mint oreos (about 20 cookies)
1 package candy canes (about 18)
pat of butter
peppermint extract (optional)
1. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Crush cookies in a ziploc bag, using the end of a rolling pin.
3. In a glass bowl, melt 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips + a pat of butter.*
4. Mix cookies into chocolate, and spread on the parchment. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
5. Crush candy canes in a ziploc bag with a hand towel around it, using the rolling pin. Crush them to very small pieces.
6. In a glass bowl, melt the white chocolate chips + a pat of butter.*
7. Mix candy canes into white chocolate, and spread on top of chocolate layer. (Make sure that the white chocolate isn’t too hot that it melts the semi sweet chocolate underneath). Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
8. Melt the rest of the chocolate chips.* Stir in a few drops peppermint extract. Drizzle on top of chocolate layers and freeze 15-20 minutes.
9. Remove from freezer, and after about 10 minutes, cut into pieces.
*To Melt Chocolate:
For microwave method,
use a glass bowl, melt for 30 seconds, stir, melt 30 more seconds, stir, melt 15 more seconds or until completely melted.