Marissa, thanks for being my Sewlebrity Crush. You rock!
Happy Fourth of July everyone! I’m Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings. I
blog about all things crafty, tasty, pretty and just plain life.
I am a devourer of books, my favorite being young adult fiction like Harry Potter and Hunger Games. I am married to a super talented musician and I spend my days sewing handmade baby and toddler clothing for my Rae Gun Etsy shop. I would love you to stop by my blog and shop and say hi and also share some of your own at my What We Wore, Read, and Made Wednesdays Link party.
I am so honored that Rachel invited me to be apart of her Sewlebrity Crush series. Sewing is definitely my go to craft. I do it for a living and love sewing for my nieces, myself and anyone else who I love. Even though I’m a pretty confident seamstress today I want to share a how to make a funky fabric headband. This is a sewing project that would be great for both beginners and for those of you who have been sewing forever. For those of you who are just starting out this project is quick and easy so it’s a good place to start. And for those of you who have been sewing for years you probably have an out of control stash of scraps and this is great for using that up.
What You Need
- Head band base 2 inches by 30-44 inches (mine are 44 long)
- scraps for leaves and flowers
What To Do
- Tear or cut headband base. I like mine to be 2 inches wide or a little less by 44 inches long.
- Cut out leaf pieces.
- Round ends of headband base.
- Sew around edges of headband base.
- Position leave pieces. I like mine to be slightly off center since I don’t want the flower to be smack on top of my head. Check in the mirror and adjust as needed.
- Sew on leave pieces.
- Form flower piece by twisting and folding fabric until you achieve your desired look. On the polka dot one I twisted more and on the solid one I folded more.
- Pin flower.
- Sew flower on. You can randomly sew if you want but I liked the results best when I sewed in a sort of spiral motion.
- And your done. Super easy right?