We went camping over the weekend. My hubby got off work and we headed straight for the sticks. I was determined to knock his wool socks off with the best hobo dinner he’s ever had. So here’s my take on a fancy hobo dinner, a true man-food meal.
(If I had added a little bacon, then it really would have been manfood. Didn’t think of that ahead of time)!
But he still loved it! Girls, you’ve gotta try this if you’ve never made this for your man!
1-2 pounds raw ground beef
BBQ sauce (Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy is the best)!!!
salt and pepper
(makes 2-3 depending on the size)
1. A slab of raw beef doesn’t look too gourmet, does it? Trust me, this will be good.
Use 2 layers of foil, and spray with Pam. Shape a patty of raw beef (about 1 cup), season with salt and pepper.
2. Drizzle enough BBQ sauce and worchestershire sauce to make your man say, “mmm.”
3. Grill some onions, and add to the top.
(You don’t have to grill them, but that’s the only way my husband likes them, and it does make it extra tasty)!
4. Wash, peel, and chop some veggies and add to the pile.
(I use carrots and yukon gold potatoes. I wash them well, but never peel them. I love the skins)!
5. Wrap tightly by making a seam and folding in edges. Label with your name or initials or some type of symbol. (A blue star is meaningless, its just what popped into my head); this way it won’t get mixed up in the fire.
6. Throw on the fire and cook for about 30 minutes. *Make sure you check the meat and don’t eat it if you don’t think its not thoroughly cooked! No pink!*
You could also make these in your oven just for fun. I’d cook it at 375 for about 30 minutes, then check it.
I don’t have a picture of the finished product, since we were camping in the dark. But, this will turn out ah-mazing!
Hooray for the last campout of the season!