“Sneak a Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day!”
How fun is that?
We’ve had a decent crop of zucchini, but so have my neighbors. I bet the last thing they want is another zucchini. So, instead I’m sneaking chocolate zucchini muffins.
(Only now I’m not sneaking, since my darling neighbor reads this blog. Haha).
I used the delicious recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Our Best Bites
, only I changed a few things. I made muffins instead because I LOVE more surface area of the crust instead of the soft middle. Plus, it takes half the time to bake! I always make muffins instead of quick bread for those two reasons. I always change the order of how most recipes recommend, my reasoning helps you use way less dishes 🙂 But you have to be careful to mix everything well, without over-mixing
Here’s the recipe:
(with my minor edits)
2 T brown sugar
2 T white sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
2 t vanilla
1/2 C sour cream
2 C flour
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
6 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C canola oil
1 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease muffin tins. You don’t need cupcake liners.
3. Beat oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs until combined and slightly fluffy, 1-2 minutes with a stand or hand mixer.
4. Add vanilla and sour cream and gently mix until combined.
5. Get your zucchini and grate on the smallest setting. Discard any seeds you can gather.
6. Gently stir in the grated zucchini.
7. Place flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder on top of your mixture. Gently mix dry ingredients on the top. Then, combine dry top layer with wet bottom layer thoroughly but without over mixing (this will cause your muffins to droop).
8. Give chocolate chips a quick chop. Stir in gently until combined.
9. Mix topping ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
10. Spoon batter into muffin tins. Sprinkle with topping evenly.
11. Bake large muffins appx 25 minutes. Bake mini muffins appx 15 minutes.
Now go deliver some to your neighbor!
Quick, the day isn’t over yet!!!